Get up to $20,000 to buy and rehab a home
How it works
1. ORIENTATION & EDUCATION
Learn details about the program by attending a Homebuyer Orientation Course and meet with a housing counselor.
2. REHAB CLASS
Attend a 2-hour PathStone rehab class.
3. SECURE A LOAN
Obtain special HARP financing through First Merchants Bank or Northwest Bank.
4. FIND A HOME FOR SALE
Get prequalified & find a home for sale in the city of Muncie that needs rehab.
5. HIRE A GENERAL CONTRACTOR
Select a general contractor who is accepted by both the bank and PathStone.
6. REHAB YOUR HOME
Rehab work is completed by your general contractor.
7. WELCOME HOME
Move into your new home!
Your coach will help you
- get an inspection and build a list of necessary home repairs
- identify resources to find affordable homes to rehab
- create a project budget
- find a reliable general contractor
- understand the loan process
You get the experience and knowledge of a nonprofit developer as a rehab coach!